This post is for people having Boxchip/Allwinner A13 tablets. Often it happens that we try to install applications which require “ROOT” access on android based tablets. And in order to get that special “ACCESS” to our applications we often get into trouble when our tablet stops booting…. so here is the quick guide to rescue :-
In order to follow this guide you should have these:
- Flash utility LiveSuite (version 1.7x did best for me)
- Original firmware
- ADB drivers for your tablet
- USB Cable
- Fully charged tablet pc
- Install ADB drivers, if you dont have drivers, run this exe from Livesuite program => LiveSuitPack100_ex.exe
- It will throw two notifications, but press “Continue Anyway” and proceed.
- This will install drivers for USB. Run device manager and you will see an new device with id and yellow mark on it, as if there is no compatible driver file found. Not to worry proceed with next step.
- Start Livesuite program and a wizard will start.
- It will ask if you wish to upgrade or format (Click format)
- Select the ROM/Firmware file, often they have extension of .img
- Now switch off your tablet pc. Press the volume key and keep pressing the same.
- Plug in the USB cable in computer as well as in tablet, but keep pressing the volume up key on tablet.
- Press power key for short durations for six times, after six pressings, Livesuite will throw a dialogue to start formatting the tablet, press “YES”.
- Livesuite will start installing the firmware and will take few minutes to complete.
- Once complete it will show “Success” dialogue and VOILA you have a fresh tablet in hand.